New World MMORPG has recently launched the first event in the project’s history – Winter Convergence. So, Amazon has prepared some gifts for players.
Show off your Winter Convergence spirit with these FREE, festive items! Available for a limited time!
Check the schedule!
🎁 https://t.co/gCbg4OCDWS pic.twitter.com/D1vDWh6SKP
— New World (@playnewworld) December 17, 2021
Winter Convergence update
“The holiday of Winter Convergence is upon Aeternum!” says the post from Amazon. “Marked by the appearance of increased snowfall and Northern Lights in the sky, this is a time of dichotomy and duality as the Winter Wanderer and Winter Warrior come to the land.”
On December 17-27, users will be able to pick up Hunter’s Hibernal Festivities armour set (armour skin, to be more precise), a collection of decorative items for the house, and an emote from the in-game store for free. The distribution is divided into five stages, each lasting two days – you will have to enter Aeternum regularly.
Other themed items have appeared in New World – some of them are available for Marks of Fortune, while others are given in exchange for tokens, which can be obtained for completing Yeti tasks. Also, as part of a major December update, the developers, hiding behind a holiday (it will end on January 11), have introduced the Gear Score linking of items to the players’ Expertise (if the second indicator is inferior to the first, then the average value is taken for the actual GS).
After a short delay, Amazon’s New World finally kicked off Winter Convergence, the first event to mark Christmas.
For maintenance, the servers were closed and returned to service three hours later, as promised. The December update includes a wide range of changes tested on PTS: including linking Gear Score to Expertise, new and improved missions, and balance changes for weapons. But first of all, it is the holiday that will end on January 11 that attracts attention.
Fresh items in New World store
Players will also find new items in the game store:
- Midwinter’s Majesty – armour, December 16 – January 10, 15k Marks of Fortune;
- Spirit of the Season – armour, December 16 – January 10, 15k Marks of Fortune;
- Voidtouched Armor – armour, 15k Marks of Fortune;
- Court Couture – Armor, December 22 – January 5, 10k Marks of Fortune;
- Yuletide Rod – weapon (staff of life), December 16 – January 10, 8.5k Marks of Fortune;
- Jack Frost Mitts – weapon (ice glove), December 16 – January 10, 8.5k Marks of Fortune;
- Mistletoe Bow – weapon (bow), December 16 – January 10, 8.5k Marks of Fortune;
- Holiday’s Edge – weapon (axe), December 16 – January 10, 7.5k Marks of Fortune;
- Saturnalian Skewer – weapon (spear), December 16 – January 10, 7.5k Marks of Fortune;
- Wassailing Blade – weapon (rapier), December 16 – January 10, 8.5k Marks of Fortune;
- The Apparatus Supernal – a set of instruments, 15k Marks of Fortune;
- Hibernal Harvesters – Toolkit, December 16 – January 10, 20k Marks of Fortune;
- Winter Star – camp, 20k Marks of Fortune;
- Winter Opulence – camp, 20k Marks of Fortune;
- Winter Convergence Decor Bundle – 6-Piece Home Decor Set, December 16 – January 10, 14k Marks of Fortune
- Festive Deer Bundle – Household deer pet and three colours, December 22 – January 5, 15k Marks of Fortune;
- Leg Kick Dance – emote, 6k Marks of Fortune;
- Belly Laugh – emote, December 16 – January 10, 5k Marks of Fortune;
- Сonsumable Dye Packs – a set of five dyes, December 16 – January 10, 3k Marks of Fortune.
- Improvements added to Main Story Quests:
- “Destiny Unearthed” has received a solo-able option.
- “The Nose Knows” has improved level design and new tasks associated with acquiring the “ingredients” for Bear repellant.
- “Triumphant Return” now requires players to extinguish fires in Fort Alazar before rescuing Rima.
- Added supplemental Territory Quests:
- – 16 new quests were added to Mourningdale.
- – 13 new quests were added to Restless Shore.
- New “Housing” Quests
- – 7 new quests added that are unlocked as players progress in their Territory Standing.
- – These quests allow players to assist an idealistic architect as he undertakes a bold mission to construct new houses out in the wilds of Aeternum.
- -The architect will extol the virtues of Home Ownership and reward players with new furniture and decor.
- -Seek out Giacomo Altovoli in the Settlement in First Light, Everfall, Monarch’s Bluffs, or Windsward to get started (completion of “Encroaching Corruption” required).
- Added more info to tell players that PvP Faction Mission player kills don’t reset on death.
- Fixed an issue where killing Corrupted Tendril AI did not progress the “Adiana’s Fountain” quest.
- Removed many Elite Quest Prereqs for level 40 Weapons & Armor Quests.
- Added better displays for the Spirit shrine icons on the map like other POIs in the world.
- Quest marker for “Visions of Invaders” is now shown on the Map.
- Fixed issues where certain Mourningdale NPCs didn’t have Map markers for quest acceptance and turn-in.
- Fixed issues with players farming Captain Thorpe after clipping through Myrkgard Cathedral.
- Fixed issues where players were able to clip through the walls of the attacker War camps.
The update includes a set of patch notes that also change many of the technical aspects of the game. For more information, the developers of New World have posted a complete list of December update notes on the game’s official website.
Overall, this event seems to have a lot of impacts and should generate a lot of excitement among players as Amazon’s MMO wraps up its first year and approaches 2022!