Elden Ring: New story trailer at Game Awards

At the Game Awards, From Software’s Elden Ring not only won the prize for the most anticipated game for the second time in a row, but also received a new story trailer. It was a successful evening for From Software fans: Elden Ring, the new open world role-playing game from the japanese Souls developer, received a fresh story trailer at the Game Awards 2021.

In addition, Elden Ring was able to bag the award for the most anticipated game of the next year for the second time in a row – presented by a true fan favorite.

The gloomy CGI clip shows various snippets of the game’s backstory, on which Game Director Hidetaka Miyazaki and George R. R. Martin, the author of Game of Thrones, also worked. The trailer introduces some new characters and provides Souls-typical cryptic information about the game world, through which you will have to fight your way. But there will also be a reunion with characters that you already know from the original announcement video from E3 2019.

What is Elden Ring about?

Elden Ring is set in the Lands Between, a world ruled by demigods and held together by the cosmic Elden ring. However, long before the events of the game, that ring was destroyed and the demigods made mortal by stealing the rune of death. Since then the gods have been fighting over the splinters of the ring, the world is fragmented and sinks into chaos. The land is waiting for a new eld prince to restore order. And probably you will be after you defeat the demigods shown in the trailer.

Is the trailer the intro video for the game?

From Software likes to open its games with CGI videos that give a brief overview of the story and introduce you to a few of the big boss opponents who await you as highlights of every major zone in the game – as happened in Dark Souls 1 and 3, for example.

It has been known since the first gameplay video that the demigods Malenia, who is also included in the Collector’s Edition as a statue, and Godric the Golden await you in the game as bosses. At least the former was also shown in the story trailer. So it is quite possible that this is simply the intro of the game, or at least part of it.

What was that at the award ceremony?

At the Game Awards, not only were loads of trailers shown, there were of course also the namesake prizes to be won. One of these awards is the “Most Anticipated Game”, the most anticipated game of the next year by gamers and critics. Elden Ring can now claim this title for the second time in a row – and has thus prevailed against God of War: Ragnarök, Horizon Forbidden West, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 and Starfield, who were also nominated.

The five nominees were selected in advance by a jury made up of selected press representatives. 90 percent of the winners of the awards were chosen by the votes of this jury, the remaining 10 percent come from public social media surveys.

Elden Ring will be released on February 25, 2022 for PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X / S and Xbox One.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

Shopping Cart